Welcome to Leigh-Dale Cottage
Leigh Dale Cottage is situated on a southward facing hill, about 9km west of Cork City centre. There is an excellent view of the River Lee Valley, including Ballincollig, in the barracks of which Lord Baden-Powell was once stationed.
The cottage was opened in 1960 by Dame Leslie Whateley, then Director of the World Bureau. It is the Regional memorial to two Commissioners, who did much to promote Guiding in its earlier years. Mrs. Arethusa Leigh White, Area Commissioner and Director of the World Bureau, Western Hemisphere (1939-1945) and Miss Kathleen Dale, District Commissioner.
The cottage was reconstructed and enlarged in 1985.